Thursday, August 27, 2009

Acting

I'm usually a pretty good actor. I've never been in plays or anything, but when I'm having a bad day I can turn on the cheery, positive outlook rather quickly. I'll go from midnight to noon day, on the outside atleast.

Well today my acting sucks. I just can't get up the positive energy. Everyone at work knows I'm having a crappy day. They're trying to help, and they are. The one thing about working at BYU, there is no shortage of good people willing to help you out.

And thats good, cause things have been really bad the last few days. I don't even know why. A week ago I was pumped, things were going good. Now the storm has come. I've been wondering if the fight is really worth it.

I went to Idaho this weekend. The old homestead. I love going home, cause I can leave all this crap behind. But this time it followed me. I couldn't shake it. Saw an old friend from high school that I hadn't seen in years, but that didn't exactly help.

It sucks, the wall is breaking down, and I'm not sure I care.

But its good to know the people I work with do. That might be enough for now.

3 comments:

  1. Did you really post this on August 27, 2009? Are you some future boy, or did I just miss a whole month?

    I hope you are feeling better. I dread those funks that I get into. Sometimes the best medicine for me is to get out into nature. I know its not for everyone, but works for me. Glad I found your blog and I'll be looking in every so often, future boy.

    PS
    If you can tell me anything about my future I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Idaho boy! I knew there was a reason I liked you. Our little Idaho support group got together last night, and one of the things we talked about was how we each handle the 'weariness factor.' I can relate. Tomorrow will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the non answer to this. I was trying to schedule this to post later, but all I did was change the date. Yes I"m from idaho, I hope to get back, but for the time being i'm in provo, and there are worse places to be.

    ReplyDelete